A Yoga class is typically 90 minutes long and will include some or all of the following postures.
- Standing poses for flexibility, strength and stamina
- Seated postures for the health of the back, poise and reflection
- Forward bends for calming and nurturing the body/mind
- Inverted postures for circulation and stress reduction
- Breathing awareness and deep relaxation for energy and renewal
Limited Yoga Mats, blocks and blankets are available but please bring your own if you can.
Other things to keep in mind when attending a class:
Please feel free to arrive a little early if you wish as it does offer the chance to meet and chat with the teacher and other students before the class starts.
- You should try to have an empty stomach for your yoga class, so please leave at least 2/3 hours after a main meal or 1 hour after a very light snack.
- Your clothing should not restrict your movement, most people wear shorts or leggings and a t-shirt
- Yoga is always practised with bare feet but do bring some warm socks and a warm top for the relaxation.
- People with certain medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease or other heart problems, epilepsy or detached retina should notify the teacher before the class starts.
- If you have recently had an operation please let us know at the beginning of the class.